What is S.A.G.E. Ministry?
S.A.G.E. is our Mentoring ministry at Crossroads, and will provide a way that anyone looking for one-on-one help with specific life skills and needs can be matched with a mentor.
S.A.G.E. stands for Support, Advise, Guide, Encourage
What is a mentor?
A mentor is a disciple of Jesus who has specific life experiences or skills that can be shared in a confidential one-on-one relationship, to provide a Christian perspective in helping with specific life-skill needs, e.g.--
- Career, job, business
- Financial decisions
- Professional skills
How is a S.A.G.E. mentor/mentee relationship structured?
Based on the specific life-skill need expressed in the mentee’s Mentor Application, the mentee is paired with a mentor whose age, experiences, skills, etc. make them a good fit with the mentee. Then:
- The pair develops clear and specific objectives.
- The pair is encouraged to meet at least three times, at the frequency they agree works best for them.
- Confidentiality must be strictly observed, and information may be shared outside the relationship only with mutual agreement and understanding.
- The relationship may be ended at any time.
- The relationship is not time-bound, but is not meant to be a “forever” relationship. Once objectives are met, the pair will re-evaluate and agree on whether or not they will continue meeting.
If you have questions about the S.A.G.E. ministry, or if you are wondering whether or not the kind of support you are looking for is best addressed by S.A.G.E, please e-mail Kim Miles at email@example.com or Jeff Benda at firstname.lastname@example.org.