PART 1: PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please indicate any gifts, training, skills, education, etc. that have prepared you to work in children’s ministry. Any non-church work involving children? Which organizations? Type of work?
PART 3: Personal References:
PART 4: History in the Church
Briefly describe becoming a Christian.
List all other churches you attended regularly in the last five years. Briefly include service involving children or youth at these churches.
PART 5: Applicant's Statements
Prior convictions concerning children will prevent me from serving in children’s ministry.
PART 6: MINISTRY COVENANT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
PART 8: Child and Youth Abuse Prevention Policy Acknowledgement
Crossroads has adopted a Child and Youth Abuse Prevention Policy to protect children and youth, as well as those who work with them from incident and false accusations. All volunteers and paid staff at Crossroads who work with children or youth are Mandatory Reporters and are expected to become familiar with and follow this policy. *
Crossroads has the following policy in place:
1. Anyone working with children/youth must have attended Crossroads Community Church a minimum of three months. 2. Anyone working with children/youth will receive a packet to complete, sign, & turn in:
A. Children's Ministry Application or Youth Ministry Application
B. Permission for Background Check
C. Child and Youth Abuse Prevention Policy (read & keep, then turn in signature page)
3. Anyone seeking to work with children/youth will meet with a ministry leader.
4. No person may be alone out of view with any child/youth except their own (volunteer/staff may ask a parent to wait in class until
2nd person arrives).
5. No person may be alone in the bathroom with any child except their own (another person must have their foot in the door or one leader may wait outside the door for the child).
6. Anyone working with children/youth will have an unrelated person in the room or
there must be clear visibility to passersby. All classes are open to observation at any time.
7. Physical contact with a child is limited to shoulder hugs, high 5's, fist pushes, & head
pats. Younger children may be carried or sit on a worker's lap if other people are present.
8. Anyone who would like to observe in a classroom or stay with their child and is not
scheduled to serve in the classroom must obtain permission from NexGen leadership before entering the classroom.
9. Assistants, teachers, or small group leaders must immediately report suspected abuse (see back of page for symptoms of possible abuse) to their Point Person, Ministry Assistant, Pastor, or Elder.
10. Point People must immediately report suspected abuse to the NexGen Pastor.
11. Anyone who observes abuse of a minor will take appropriate steps to immediately intervene and provide assistance. Any inappropriate conduct must be reported to the proper authorities at Crossroads for handling.
12. The Director or Pastor must immediately report suspected abuse to the Senior Pastor or an elder, who would contact law enforcement as needed.
Thank you! Your application has been submitted. NEXT STEPS: The NexGen Ministry Assistant will be in contact with you to set up a meeting with the NexGen Pastor, where you will be able to discuss with him where you would be the best fit within the NexGen Ministry.